Followers

Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Aisle Be Damned

Paperback: 216 pages
Publication date: 20th oct 2013
Publisher: Jaico Publishing House
Target Audience: Adults
Genre: Non-fiction/self-help/humor

Goodreads Description

A Hilarious Take on just about Everything Associated with Air Travel.
- Getting seamlessly upgraded to Business Class.
- The hows and whys of micromanaging the pilots.
- Action plans to counter the airlines Technical Snag routine.
- Sure shot strategies for winning the affections of flight attendants.
- Awesome icebreakers to start conversations with attractive co-passengers.
- How smart executives deal with the Walk of Shame to the economy section.
- How a water bottle dramatically improves flight safety.
- Breezing through immigration and customs, always making your flight connections and a whole lot more

Rest assured, your flying experience will never be the same again!


My review

Aisle Be Damned is a non-fiction, self-help book for killing boredom in spite of how depressed you may feel especially when you are air travelling. Nowadays, air travelling is just like going in a bus or a train. Anyone can travel, if they have sufficient money whether short distance or long distance. I must admit here when I first saw the very inviting cover image and the intriguing line, “Swaying hips, praying lips and flying tips”, I instantly got the impression, this book is going to be a huge hit among many Indian readers(the book is for sale in Indian Subcontinents) who are like me cause I always have the habit of judging a book not by what I find it inside but on the outside,  then once I finish reading the book only I will forget all about how the cover looked and will whole-heartedly praise the author for his fabulous way of writing if the book is really worth mentioning for otherwise I never mind stating what I didn’t like in my perspective. This book was an exception. I loved both even though I can point few of the limitations existing in the book.

As a meticulously written book, this is for people who value humor more than anything else in their life.  It is the one thing that scares the hell out of almost all people. After all, only insane people will want to lead a humorless life. Rishi Piparaiya, the author has great sarcastic nature. I enjoyed reading the book for his unique narrative style in writing and lack of intricate details. To begin with, he has listed the essential packing list for a safe and pleasant journey. He doesn’t say why except we will appreciate it later. This I found amazing. It quickened my enthusiasm into reading the book . There is no doubt this book is obviously a page turner. I laughed and laughed when reading the book. My favorite joke is the SIM card and the family joke in the beginning chapter which I think was an absolute knock-out. What I wished in the book is that in certain chapters, the author could have loosened up his serious tone. It was just I didn’t find it as hilarious like the author says in the near ending chapters, and also I cannot lie by saying it wasn't very boring. But overall, it is a good read for all humor lovers and also a wonderful gift to people who travel a lot. Definitely a must read. I suggest everyone read this book while they are travelling. 

Rating 3.5/5

Excerpts from the novel

If you think nobody in this world cares about you, delay boarding your flight.

Whether you choose the window or the aisle seat (if the center seat has even crossed your mind, you need serious professional help), primarily depends on how much you like clouds.

 “But I don’t want this Hindu meal, Ma’am. I don’t even KNOW what a Hindu meal is. Is it what I eat every…………….

“You shoot me down, but I won’t fall. I am titanium…”

“Cross this side and I am going to peck each of your freaking feathers off, you goddamn son of a swallow.”

“Damn man, you are so ugly I’m going to waive the photograph requirement.”

“The world shall know this as a symbol of our eternal love….. 


Disclaimer The book was received as part of Reviewers Programme on The Tales Pensieve.

0 comments: