Saturday, July 02, 2016

Tania attends a wedding by Kanika G

Tania Attends A WeddingNo.of Pages : 20
Published on : Feb 16 2015
Genre : Children's fiction
Book links : Goodreads 
Author link : Goodreads

Book descrition 

Tania and her family go to Bangalore for aunt Poonam's wedding. Join Tania as she participates in all the fun rituals and ceremonies. Tania is faced with a challenge and she comes up with a devious plan to overcome it.

My review


After a short break from blogging, I was thinking what to read next, fiction or non-fiction. I don’t have to do the math because I know it very clearly, I have reviewed just three children’s book in fiction. Randomly I picked this book online which was up for free grab. Now glad I did.

This book is a short story written by Kanika G .Young Tania visits her father’s cousin Poonam’s wedding. She is wonderstruck after seeing the house of her aunt’s parents living in Bangalore as it’s a bungalow. Her aunt has visited her apartment few years ago when she was just one and a half year old. She mispronounced her name as ‘’Poonty”. Now she is a pretty young girl who is curious to see her aunt Poonam’s wedding. She is in 7th heaven.

Being a South Indian, I don't know what happens in North Indian weddings. The hindi cinemas also doesn’t show the entire wedding rituals and ceremonies. That’s why I and Tania have something in common which is an opportunity to learn about the wedding culture in North India for the first time. 

Last but not least,  Kanika G has also added pictures taken from a real North Indian wedding most probably the one she visited.I thank her for it gave me an insight to the wedding.

My rating : 4/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment